Lita Cosner, B.A., M.A.
Biblical studies, New Testament (USA)
Lita Cosner became a Christian in 2002, partially as a result of creation materials she found through CMI which answered her questions about the Bible and Christianity (see her own account). She joined CMI as Information Officer in 2010, and is a prolific contributor to the website, Creation magazine, and our in-depth Journal of Creation. She is well-known for her gracious, yet challenging responses to questioners and often detractors who contact CREATION.com
Lita is a specialist in New Testament studies and obtained a B.A. (Summa Cum Laude) in Biblical Studies from Oklahoma Wesleyan University in 2008. She received an M.A. (Cum Laude) in New Testament from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School in 2012. Her thesis is titled Jesus the Honorable Broker: A Social-Scientific Exegesis of Matthew 15:21-28.
Her passion is interpreting the New Testament in a way that is understandable to the average Christian, as well as showing how the New Testament authors used the teachings of the Old Testament as the foundation for their theology, particularly in the area of Creation.
- Lita is available to speak at conferences, seminars and specialist women’s events.
A selection of her articles can be seen below.
- Laser expert points people to the gospel
- Creation, Islam, evangelism, and academic integrity
- How does the Bible teach 6,000 years?
- An eternal perspective on creation
- Darwinism and World War One
- Saving the other patient
- Tortoises of the Galápagos
- The birds of the Galápagos
- The Use of Genesis in the New Testament
- “A Parade of Mutants”—Pedigree Dogs and Artificial Selection
Journal of Creation
- Christ as the last Adam: Paul’s use of the Creation narrative in 1 Corinthians 15
- The Bible’s high view of women grounded in the creation account
- G.K. Chesterton: Darwinism is “An attack upon thought itself”
- New title, same old arguments: Review of Honest to Genesis by Margaret Towne
- Strong case, but flawed by compromise: A review of The Case for a Creator by Lee Strobel
- A pathetic case for an old earth: Review of A Biblical Case for an Old Earth by David Snoke
- Romans 5:12–21: Paul’s view of a literal Adam
- Mostly masterful defence of Christianity; pity it’s slack on creation: A review of What’s So Great About Christianity? by Dinesh D’Souza
- A review of The Irrational Atheist: Dissecting the Unholy Trinity of Dawkins, Harris, and Hitchens by Vox Day
- A review of There is a God: How The World’s Most Notorious Atheist Changed His Mind by Antony Flew with Roy Varghese
- A review of The Reason for God: Belief in an Age of Skepticism by Timothy Keller
- From Darwin to Dover—A broad overview of creation vs evolution
- A review of: The Swastika against the Cross: The Nazi War on Christianity by Bruce Walker
Selected CMI website articles
- Can we ‘conclusively’ say that dinosaurs were created on Day 6?
- Is nature clearer than written language?
- Creation Answer Book raises questions
- What part of Genesis should we believe? All of it!
- Dawkins calls Texas Governor a ‘fool’ for questioning ‘fact’ of evolution
- Who has an answer?
- The lies of Free Inquiry—a response
- Going ape about human rights: Are monkeys people, too?
- ‘Plants rights’? The latest evolutionary absurdity
- Does an old universe better display God’s power?
- Evolutionary Christianity?
- The Star of Bethlehem: A Review
- Racism—a consequence of evolution?
- UFOlogy: the world’s fastest-growing ‘scientific’ religion?
- When was the Last Supper?
- How does Göbekli Tepe fit with biblical history?
- Hell questions answered
- Did the Fall destroy God’s image in man?
- Interpreting the early chapters of Genesis
- Our Triune God
- Why would a loving God send people to Hell?
- Correcting misconceptions on creation and the gospel
- Did Jesus have a wife?
- It’s not Christianity!
- What the New Testament doesn’t say
- The global flood—according to the New Testament
- A review of The Sign: The Shroud of Turin and the Secret of the Resurrection by Thomas de Wesselow
- A riff on Genesis hits a few sour notes. A review of Rob Bell’s Everything is Spiritual
- Is Christianity ‘for whites only’?
- The genealogies of Jesus
- Did Matthew misuse the Old Testament?
- Christianity Today?
- What happens when speculative science and questionable exegesis collide
- Did God create over billions of years?
- The Resurrection and Genesis (available in Polish)
- Did Joseph of Arimathea move the body?
- Evolutionary syncretism: a critique of Biologos
- Is the Bible one book or 66?
- A response to Timothy Keller’s ‘Creation, Evolution and Christian Laypeople’
- What’s in a pronoun? The divine gender controversy
- London Times reports that the Bible is not anti-female: is this news?
- The ‘gender neutral’ Bible Emasculating Scripture for political correctness
- A ‘Wicked Bible’ for the 21st century?
- Politicizing Scripture: Should Christians welcome a ‘conservative Bible translation’?
- Do creationists hate science?
- Compromising chaplain castigates creation
- Compromising chaplain castigates creation, round 2
- Animal cruelty and vegetarianism
- Can compromisers really be saved?
- The failure of evolutionary orthodoxy
- Pew survey reveals basic ignorance of Christian belief
- The Emergent Deception—the evolution factor
- The lead codices—this year’s ‘Gospel of Judas’?
- Hidden messages in Scripture?
- Is the Bible an immoral book?
- Erring on the side of censorship: US government schools are becoming Christ-free zones
- The ‘indoctrination’ of children
- Faith-based attacks on religious schools
- Do parents have the right to teach their children?
- Abortion: an indispensable right or violence against women?
- Blurring the line between abortion and infanticide?
- When does the unborn baby feel pain? And does it matter for abortion opposition?
- President Obama okays funding embryonic stem cell research (but removes adult stem cell funding): What are the issues involved?
- US Senate passes embryonic stem cell bill; President vetoes
- The gift of death? Planned Parenthood offers abortion gift cards for Christmas
- A “wrongful birth”? A Florida court case highlights America’s heightened devaluing of human life
- Refuting contrived pro-abortion arguments
- Is the unborn child a person?
- Does it matter if endogenous retroviruses have functions?
- Is evolution compatible with religion and free will?
- The “God spot”
- Monkeying around with the origins of language
- Project Nim: Can a chimp learn language?
- Spore: new game allows players to “evolve” creatures; should creationists be concerned? (see also a response to critics of this article)
- Does CMI misunderstand how science works?
- Martian Fossils? Dissecting the media hype
- Did the moon landing bring evolutionary insights?
- ‘Carnivorous’ dinosaurs had plant diet
- Top 10 Consequences of evolution?
- Talking and mythological animals in the Old Testament
- Abortions vs miscarriages
- Virtual debates, real-world doubts
- Does God have a ‘moral obligation’ to His creation?
- Why do some Christians suffer more than others?
- Do animals possess morality?
- ‘One long ad hominem’
- Immigration, culture, and Christ
- The Fall and the existence of other religions
- Copycat copout: Jesus was not made up from pagan myths
- Hitler, the Dalai Lama, sin and salvation; and the religion of North Korea
- Was the Virgin Birth non-miraculous?; and should Christians bother with atheists?
- Can we know the truth?
- Is charity more important than apologetics?
- Is Belief in God a case of Christian wish fulfillment?
- Does a worldview have to be livable?
- Is Genesis poetry? and Who was the father of hermeneutics?
- Is the Bible our sole final authority?
- The limitations of physical evidence
- Ghosts, experience, and the Bible
- Gospel Dates and Reliability
- Out of Egypt: Could so many Israelites have crossed the Red Sea?
- Logistics of the Exodus
- Did Eve have a “Moral compass”?; and the “120 years” of Genesis 6:3
- Does CMI think women are inferior?
- Is the whole creation fallen?
- Can pantheism explain morality? And, the fight-or-flight response and the Fall
- Badly designed arguments—‘vestigial organs’ revisited
- Errors in the Bible?
- Deny vote to creationists?
- 6,000 years of biblical history: Questions and answers
- Biblical vs evolutionary perspectives on attraction