Shaun has a bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science with first class honours, specializing in Soil Science, and a Graduate Diploma in Natural Resource Studies—both from the University of Queensland, Brisbane.
He became a creationist before he became a Christian, in his first university year. This helped him form a solid foundation on the Word of God that was able to withstand the evolutionary attacks levelled at his ‘young’ faith at university.
From 2005 to 2008, and again from 2010 until the present Shaun has worked for CMI as an editor and reviewer for the Journal of Creation, and has written numerous articles for Creation magazine, Journal of Creation, and CMI’s website creation.com.
Journal of Creation (formerly TJ) articles
Creation magazine articles
- How does God relate to time?
- Is the universe a simulation?
- Will the New Heavens and Earth be physical?
- The scientific case against evolution
- Doubt your doubts!
- Did God inscribe the Creation Week in stone?
- Ica stones, Acambaro figurines, and good arguments
- Process theism—Compatible with the Bible?
- Historical science and miracles
- Plato and Christianity
- Could God cause the beginning of the universe?
- ‘Why doesn’t my argument work?’
- God, miracles, and logic
- Why does God forbid premarital sex?
- Does God depend on logic to exist?
- Roman Catholicism, science, and evolution
- Biblical creation: the only real way?
- Why did God take as long as six days to create?
- Genesis: the least relevant book in the Bible?
- Did God create time?
- Estrogen in men?
- The ‘God gene’
- Biology, purpose, and pantheism
- Mosaic fossils?
- Can science contradict the Bible?
- Questions about Mormon theology
- Did Adam and Eve have to eat before the Fall?
- Is God obscure and arbitrary in what He wants from us?
- Know thy enemy
- Are we made in God’s bodily likeness?
- Was the Garden of Eden a ‘sanctuary’ from a hostile outside world?
- Why would Christians be hostile to biblical creation?
- Keeping debates on topic
- The spiritual death of the Adam tribe?
- Spacetime and the Trinity
- Flood geology vs secular catastrophism
- Does yom with a number always refer to 24-hour days?
- The Bible: Jewish folklore and nothing more?
- Thinking biblically about termites and lizards
- Science, history, and the Bible
- Mudskippers and apemen: How useful are cladograms and ‘transitional’ creatures as evidence for evolution?
- Is DNA coded information?
- Is God ‘simple’?
- Mangling misotheism (feedback)
- Evolution exams and fossil fallacies
- Do creationists have to resort to secular ideas to explain geology and astronomy?
- The importance of correct history and theology
- ‘Lucy’ walking upright, and atheism and science
- Simplified sardine arguments and ‘sacking’ heretics
- Common ground with old-earth creationists?
- Distant starlight and the days of Genesis 1
- ‘Natural law’ in the Creation Week?
- Evolution of multicellular yeast observed in the lab?
- When skeptics ask: Big bang blowups and the moon age mystery
Back to Other biographies and interviews of interest